Saturday, July 20, 2013

manifesto

just for today, i will cut myself some slack.
just for today, i will cut myself enormous amounts of slack.
just for today, i will accept exactly where i am right now, in every area of my life, without assigning words like "success" and "failure" to any of it.
just for today, i will know that i am exactly where and how i am supposed to be, without obsessing about self-improvement.
just for today, i will refrain from beating myself up.
just for today, i will know that everything in my life up to this moment has happened exactly as it was supposed to, and that i have done the very best i could
just for today, i will focus on all the beauty that surrounds me
just for today, i will know that for each of my problems there is a solution, because the one could not manifest without the other
just for today, i will know that i am divinely equipped to find the solution for each of my problems
just for today, i will swap out the word "challenges" for the the word "problems" and remember that i have always risen to the occasion of meeting challenges
just for today, i will remember that even when i am cocooning and avoiding, i am rising to the occasion of my challenges, because down time is the necessary obverse of and prerequisite for action
just for today, i will not compare myself with anybody else, for any reason whatsoever
just for today, i will give myself credit for what i have accomplished, without reflecting on all the stuff i haven't accomplished
just for today, i will know that i am enough, just as i am
just for today, i will know that i am every bit as lovable as i am loving (and that is a lot!)
just for today, i will know that if it hasn't happened, it was either not supposed to happen or it is waiting in the wings for the divine right timing
just for today, i will say "no thank you" to the habit of worrying
just for today, i will remember that this lifetime fear has been my teacher, which means fear is my friend
just for today, i will let fear show me what matters most to me, without letting my fear of fear stop me from taking my divine right next step
just for today, i will give myself the benefit of the doubt
just for today, i will remember that even though it sometimes looks like i just keep landing in the same place over and over again, tackling the same challenges over and over again, in truth i never land at all -- i am consciousness in motion and every heartbeat is a whole new world
just for today, i will remember that the only time and place is here and now
just for today, i will remember that here and now i am well, safe, and provided for
just for today, i will remember that i am a beloved idea in the mind of god



No comments:

Post a Comment